Brady students take inter-high honors
Three Brady students were among the award winners at the North Platte Community College’s annual Inter-High Scholastic Competition and TECH-Knowledge & Skills Discovery Day on March 3.
Chevas Shaw placed first in literary analysis while Taina Taullie took third in drama.
Shaw received three credit hours of free tuition at NPCC and Taullie earned a $500 theatrical scholarship to the college.
Brodie Sullivan Bock won the creative writing contest and received a $25 gift certificate to Pizza Hut.
Students from 33 area schools took approximately 860 tests during the Inter-High competition and more than 180 students participated in the TECH skills competition.
The students who participated were vying for 40 Mid-Plains Community College Area scholarships of $500 each. The scholarship dollars were awarded to the high schools, which will select the recipient.
Awards were presented to the top three individual finishers in all categories.
Brady had 15 students test in one or more academic areas with five additional participants in the TECH activities.
Brady students scored in the top 15 on 18 tests taken with another four tests finishing in the top 20.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair