Gutherless earns 2 medals at state
Seniors takes fifth, sixth.
In her fourth and final trip to the Class D-1 State Speech Championships, Brady senior Danielle Gutherless earned two medals.
Gutherless placed fifth in oral interpretation of serious prose and sixth in oral interpretation of poetry.
The points Gutherless earned placed the Brady team 12th of 39 schools represented in Class D-1.
Three other Brady students competed at state as well but did not earn medals.
Senior Chevas Shaw competed in entertainment speaking and extemporaneous speaking.
Sophomore Micah Most gave an informative speech and Sierra Quadhamer competed in the persuasive speaking event.
Hartington was the champion team in Class D-1 with 166 points. Potter-Dix finished runner-up with 138.
Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State