Adult education classes planned
Central Community College will offer adult education classes during the 2009 fall semester at 21 locations in 19 Nebraska communities.
Adult education includes assistance with basic reading, writing, math and spelling skills; drills and special instruction through the English as a Second Language Program; citizenship classes; and preparation for the Nebraska high school diploma (GED) exam.
All adult education classes are open to individuals 16 years or older who are not enrolled in secondary school. Classes are free, but a fee is charged for each of the five GED tests.
For more information, contact Marilynn Hersh at 308-324-4395 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext. 7446.
Local News Slideshow
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- â€˜Circle of Friendsâ€™ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23