Free webinar set for cow/calf producers
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture along with the University of Nebraska Extension will host a free webinar for Nebraska cow/calf producers.
The “Opportunities to Add Value to Your Calf Crop” webinar will provide producers with information on the demand and guidelines for non-hormone treated cattle.
“The European Union’s demand for non-hormone treated cattle continues to increase, and now is the time for Nebraska producers to position themselves to be eligible to export their highquality Nebraska beef products,” said NDA director Greg Ibach. “The EU demand for nonhormone treated beef is much greater than the current supply, so I encourage our producers to learn more about the guidelines and take advantage of this opportunity.”
During the webinar, NDA staff will discuss:
The increased export market demand for non-hormone treated cattle;
How cow/calf producers can position themselves in the market; and
Additional marketing options through source-and-age along with natural verification programs.
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, April 20, from 7-8:15 p.m. Participants will need to have a computer with Internet access along with a phone to participate.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.