Shooters tie for top spot
Ostergard, Ballmer best in handicap.
DONIPHAN— Gothenburg Youth Trap Team members were among nearly 300 shooters competing at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Two senior shooters from Gothenburg faced each other in a shoot-off for the high handicap honor from the 22-yard line.
Alex Ballmer and Cody Ostergard each broke 45-of-50 rocks to tie in the initial handicap shoot with Ballmer winning the shoot-off.
Ballmer, Ostergard and Cooper Brott each earned 45-of-50 scores in the handicap shoot.
Austin Kucera led Gothenburg from the 16-yard line hitting 48-of-50. High junior competitor from the Gothenburg team was Colby Simant with a score of 39-of-50.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair