Shooters tie for top spot
Ostergard, Ballmer best in handicap.
DONIPHAN— Gothenburg Youth Trap Team members were among nearly 300 shooters competing at the Mid-Nebraska Trapshooting Conference in Doniphan on Saturday.
Two senior shooters from Gothenburg faced each other in a shoot-off for the high handicap honor from the 22-yard line.
Alex Ballmer and Cody Ostergard each broke 45-of-50 rocks to tie in the initial handicap shoot with Ballmer winning the shoot-off.
Ballmer, Ostergard and Cooper Brott each earned 45-of-50 scores in the handicap shoot.
Austin Kucera led Gothenburg from the 16-yard line hitting 48-of-50. High junior competitor from the Gothenburg team was Colby Simant with a score of 39-of-50.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar