AG QUIZ BOWL: A Gothenburg eighth-grade FFA agricultural quiz bowl team won the state contest Friday at Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln. About 384 eighth-grade students, representing 96 teams, competed in the event.
State champs were, l-r: First row—Jessica Schmidt, Betsy Potter, Carson Messersmith, Tyson Miller. Winning fifth place were, l-r: Second row—Chance Schultz, Abbie Mazour, Blake Ristine, Rebecca Anderson. The seventh-place team included, l-r: Third row—Aryn Meisinger, Kelsey Kuhlman and Corey Hinton. Quiz bowl coach was Teresa Messersmith (upper right).
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet