AG QUIZ BOWL: A Gothenburg eighth-grade FFA agricultural quiz bowl team won the state contest Friday at Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln. About 384 eighth-grade students, representing 96 teams, competed in the event.
State champs were, l-r: First row—Jessica Schmidt, Betsy Potter, Carson Messersmith, Tyson Miller. Winning fifth place were, l-r: Second row—Chance Schultz, Abbie Mazour, Blake Ristine, Rebecca Anderson. The seventh-place team included, l-r: Third row—Aryn Meisinger, Kelsey Kuhlman and Corey Hinton. Quiz bowl coach was Teresa Messersmith (upper right).
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant