WELLNESS DONATION: Sixteen out of 22 Gothenburg State Bank employees succeeded 50 out of 58 days in eating healthier and/or exercising more. As a result, they each earned $50 to donate to a favorite charity. Another $200 was added by bank president Matt Williams for a $1,000 donation total which they gave to the Sun Theatre to help buy a new popcorn popper. Williams said he hopes the donation will challenge others in the community to donate to the fund-raising project which is still about $3,000 short. Pictured are, l-r: First row—Ruthie Franzen, Maureen Olson, Jeanie Johnson, Heather Clement, Sabrina Bryant, Traci Golter, LaRae Thompson, Williams; Second row—Stephanie Ricely, Tonie Terry, Kristi Edson, Jennifer Ballmer, Marcy Slack, Jan Neujahr; Third row—Mike Hilderbrand, Bret Tiller and Nate Wyatt.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action