Four golfers earn medalsat DC meet
Weather a factor in scoring again.
LEXINGTON—Nebraska’s wind continued to blow Monday as Swede golfers spent another afternoon battling the gusts during the Dawson County meet at Lakeside Country Club near Lexington.
Gothenburg coach Jim Henke said scores were higher than usual because of the weather but he was still pleased with the way the team competed.
The Swedes finished second with a best five-of-eight score totaling 458, just four strokes behind Lexington’s 454. Cozad ended the day at 488.
Gothenburg had four golfers earn medals in the top eight.
Sophomore Alix Meisinger carded an 88 to lead the Swedes in third place. Classmate Jackson Graham was one stroke back at 89 in fourth place.
Matt Marshall and Derek Franzen finished sixth and seventh respectively, both with scores of 91. Jack Dudley’s 99 completed the team’s scoring.
Lexington freshman Shad Wellman earned top honors for the day shooting an 81.
Find complete individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics