‘Once Upon A Mattress’
“Once Upon A Mattress,” presented by Gothenburg High School’s vocal music department April 29 and May 2-3, was based on the famous fairy tale “The Princess and the Pea.”
However the musical involves a queen who takes control of the kingdom after the king loses his speech because of a curse.
Queen Aggravain decrees that only the princess who can pass her test can marry her son which provides a rollicking spin on royal courtship.
Directors of the musical were Ernie Blecha, Trudy Else, Erin Feather and Lori Long.
Students Susan Dudley and Rhett Lindholm did lights and sound. The stage crew was made up by Jennifer Norseen, Tyson Miller and Roy Slack.
- Swedes runner up at own play invite
- Money backing sewer improvements
- Valued worker receives gift
- Four Swedes selected to all-conference team
- Area News Digest
- Fiber optic infrastructure could be installed in Gothenburg
- Gothenburg’s art club learns what art professionals expect
- Swede football triumph over adversity