AWARD GIVEN: George Cox was recognized last Friday when he was given a Friend of Tourism award from the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce tourism committee. According to Community Development Office director Anne Anderson, Cox has been a valued Pony Express Station employee who has shared his knowledge of local and area history with many visitors. He has also shared his expertise with trees and plants which has helped instill pride in the community and encouraged their effort to make the community a beautiful place to share with tourists, she said. Pictured are, l-r: Anderson, Cox, Leone Cox and Pony Express Station employee Chuck Titkemeier.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins