Swede boys win first SWC Cup
Girls finish runner-up.
Gothenburg boys edged out Valentine in the team point standings to win the first Southwest Conference Cup Award.
The SWC Cup is a new award this year among conference schools. It is designed to honor the top boys and girls activity programs based on their collective performance in all conference activities.
It is modeled after the Nebraska School Activities Association Cup Award which recognizes the most successful high school programs across the state.
Gothenburg’s boys finished with 46 points with top scoring coming in speech and track.
Valentine boys were second with 42 and Minden garnered third at 35.
In the girls competition, Gothenburg was runner-up with 40 points behind Minden with 42. Ogallala finished third earning 33.5 points.
Gothenburg’s high points were also scored in speech and track.
Points are awarded in volleyball and basketball based on regular season record. Ties remain ties and points are split. Tournament results are not included.
Points for wrestling, track, speech, quiz bowl, cross country and golf are awarded based on team finish in the SWC competition.
Football and softball are not included in the scoring since all SWC schools do not compete against each other.
The award will be officially presented at the August SWC meeting in Cozad.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout