Swedes chosen for all-star games
Five to play in West Nebraska games.
Four Gothenburg football players and one volleyball player will represent the Swedes during the annual West Nebraska All-Star games in Scottsbluff on Saturday.
Landen Haake, Mark Hilderbrand, Brady Preitauer and Tyler Sheets will be members of the East squad during the football game at 7 p.m. in Bearcat Stadium.
East head coach is Lexington’s Phil Truax.
Emily Max will play on the East squad during the volleyball game which begins at 2 p.m. at Cougar Palace on the campus of Western Nebraska Community College.
East coaches include head coach Alan Miller of SMC.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC