Lions Club looking for parade grand marshal
The Brady Lions Club is hosting the 2010 Brady Days parade on Aug. 7 and is seeking suggestions for the parade’s grand marshal.
Nominations will be taken until July 1 for a person or persons to serve as the honorary leader of the annual parade.
Nominees may be any age and don’t necessarily need to live in Brady or the area but must have direct ties to the community.
Suggestions should be made in paragraph form with background information and can be submitted to the village office or any Lions Club member.
The theme for this year’s Brady Days celebration is “Hidden Treasures of Brady Island.”
The weekend of events begins with family night at the Community Center on Friday, Aug. 6, and concludes with a softball tournament on Sunday, Aug. 8.
For more information or to add an event to the schedule, contact village clerk Pam Diehl at 584-3316.
A complete schedule will be published later in the summer.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite