Swedes in SWC a last time at Hogan’s All-Star Classic
Max earns MVP honor.
MINDEN—Gothenburg graduate Emily Max had 12 kills and nine blocks to dominate the net for the Southwest Conference all-stars during the Hogan’s All-Star Classic Thursday night.
Still, the SWC team fell to the LouPlatte Conference all-stars 25-20, 17-25, 25-13, 17-25, 15-9 in the opening game of the all-star weekend in Minden.
In girls basketball action, Max returned to the court Friday night to play with Swede teammates Ali Abramson and Kira Peterson on the SWC team.
The LouPlatte all-stars defeated SWC 58-47 but Max still walked away with the game MVP award.
Saturday, the boys basketball all-stars took the floor.
Swede graduates Mark Hilderbrand and Derek Franzen represented Gothenburg on the SWC team which lost to the LPC all-stars 115-80.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates