Swedes in SWC a last time at Hogan’s All-Star Classic
Max earns MVP honor.
MINDEN—Gothenburg graduate Emily Max had 12 kills and nine blocks to dominate the net for the Southwest Conference all-stars during the Hogan’s All-Star Classic Thursday night.
Still, the SWC team fell to the LouPlatte Conference all-stars 25-20, 17-25, 25-13, 17-25, 15-9 in the opening game of the all-star weekend in Minden.
In girls basketball action, Max returned to the court Friday night to play with Swede teammates Ali Abramson and Kira Peterson on the SWC team.
The LouPlatte all-stars defeated SWC 58-47 but Max still walked away with the game MVP award.
Saturday, the boys basketball all-stars took the floor.
Swede graduates Mark Hilderbrand and Derek Franzen represented Gothenburg on the SWC team which lost to the LPC all-stars 115-80.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC