Keiser finishes second at home
Wild Horse hosts women’s state stroke tournament.
Playing at Wild Horse Golf Club served Gothenburg graduate Katie Keiser well during the 2010 Nebraska Women’s Amateur Golf Association stroke play tournament last week.
Shooting a three-day total of 230, Keiser finished second in the statewide event to three-time NWAGA stroke play champion J.C. Stevenson of Grand Island, who carded 227.
Keiser was four-over-par at 76 after the first day and shot 79 on day two.
She posted 75 on the final day including an eagle on the last hole to score one shot better than Stevenson that day but still three strokes back for the tournament.
Keiser just completed her sophomore season at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC, where she shot her best college round of 80 during the fall season.
The daughter of Brian of Torey Keiser of Gothenburg was the Class C state champion in 2006 and runner-up in 2007. She plans to join the University of Nebraska-Lincoln women’s golf team this fall.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together