Blue Star Memorial Sign is rededicated
Weather took it’s toll on the Blue Star Memorial Highway sign, but it couldn’t dim its meaning.
A new sign was rededicated on Independence Day thanks to the sponsorship of the Gothenburg Gardenaires Club.
The signs are placed in national cemeteries, parks, veteran’s facilities and gardens to recognize those who were serving or would serve in the armed forces.
Gothenburg’s original sign was dedicated in 1986.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet