Drums, bugles entertain
The Colts Drum & Bugle Corps, based out of Dubuque, IA, practiced and performed in Gothenburg Thursday on the football field.
Members, who travel by bus, have used school facilities and practiced and performed for the community for several summers.
A spokesperson for the band said members are grateful for how the community helped the corps in 1999 when a semi-truck carrying kitchen equipment caught on fire and the group was stranded in Gothenburg on a weekend.
While in Gothenburg this year, the 135-member student corps performed “True Colors”—a show the group performs in competitions across the country.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar