Drums, bugles entertain
The Colts Drum & Bugle Corps, based out of Dubuque, IA, practiced and performed in Gothenburg Thursday on the football field.
Members, who travel by bus, have used school facilities and practiced and performed for the community for several summers.
A spokesperson for the band said members are grateful for how the community helped the corps in 1999 when a semi-truck carrying kitchen equipment caught on fire and the group was stranded in Gothenburg on a weekend.
While in Gothenburg this year, the 135-member student corps performed “True Colors”—a show the group performs in competitions across the country.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins