Drums, bugles entertain
The Colts Drum & Bugle Corps, based out of Dubuque, IA, practiced and performed in Gothenburg Thursday on the football field.
Members, who travel by bus, have used school facilities and practiced and performed for the community for several summers.
A spokesperson for the band said members are grateful for how the community helped the corps in 1999 when a semi-truck carrying kitchen equipment caught on fire and the group was stranded in Gothenburg on a weekend.
While in Gothenburg this year, the 135-member student corps performed “True Colors”—a show the group performs in competitions across the country.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president