Drums, bugles entertain
The Colts Drum & Bugle Corps, based out of Dubuque, IA, practiced and performed in Gothenburg Thursday on the football field.
Members, who travel by bus, have used school facilities and practiced and performed for the community for several summers.
A spokesperson for the band said members are grateful for how the community helped the corps in 1999 when a semi-truck carrying kitchen equipment caught on fire and the group was stranded in Gothenburg on a weekend.
While in Gothenburg this year, the 135-member student corps performed “True Colors”—a show the group performs in competitions across the country.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics