Summer storms destroy crops
FORCEFUL WINDS: Straight-line winds, estimated at 94 mph hours northwest of Gothenburg, were probably what blew over this pivot belonging to Gary Widholm in Wild Horse Valley. Between 60,000 to 80,000 acres of crops around Gothenburg were destroyed or damaged in violent, hail-producing storms Saturday and Sunday.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.