Hilderbrand to compete at UNL
GHS standout joins track team.
Gothenburg High School graduate Mark Hilderbrand is one of 34 recruits who have signed to compete with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln track and field team beginning this fall.
Hilderbrand, a 2010 graduate, is a four-year Nebraska state track qualifier who earned seven medals including three in the hurdles.
Hilderbrand earned his first medal as a freshman when he ran the opening leg of the fourth-place 4x400 relay. As a sophomore in 2008, Hilderbrand took third in the 300 hurdles and ran the third-leg of the eight-place 4x100 relay.
He earned third-place in the 300 hurdles again as a junior in 2009 and assisted in the 4x100 relay’s fourth-place finish by running the opening leg.
Hilderbrand improved one spot in the 300 hurdles to finish runner-up as a senior with a time of 39.92 seconds. He also captured his third straight medal in the 4x100 relay as the third leg contributing to a fifth-place finish.
Hilderbrand was named the school’s Dutch Zorn Award winner as the top male three-sport letter winner. He is the son of Mike and Connie Hilderbrand.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics