Seniors to open Area 6 with Cozad
Tournament hosted by Holdrege.
With a 10-8 record to finish the regular season, the Gothenburg Senior Melons open the American Legion Area 6 tournament as the No. 4 seed.
The Melons face No. 5 Cozad in the first round at Holdrege at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Other first-round games Thursday pit No. 3 Kearney County against No. 6 McCook and No. 2 Holdrege against No. 7 Lexington.
Broken Bow earned the top seed and will play its first game at 5 p.m. Friday against the winner of the Gothenburg-Cozad game.
The double-elimination tournament continues in Holdrege through Tuesday with the championship game set for 5 p.m.
The tournament winner advances to the Class B American Legion Championship tournament at Schuyler beginning July 31.
- Hospital welcomes CFO
- Gothenburg drivers compete at Lincoln County Raceway
- No more bus parking on Avenue I because of safety
- Gothenburg welcomes new employee
- Swedes medal at state science meet
- BHS musicians earn highest rating at District IV contest
- Taxpayers get break for filing before deadline
- Swede girls win Brady/Gothenburg Invite