Brady I-80 road project set for 2011
Gothenburg has six projects on five-year plan.
There is only one major road improvement project in the Gothenburg area planned for the fiscal year 2011 Surface Transportation Program, but it’s a big one.
Interstate 80 from Brady east for 7.2 miles is scheduled to be resurfaced at a cost of $6,174,000.
Gothenburg has a number of projects in the Nebraska Department of Roads five-year program. They include:
- I-80 from Gothenburg west 11.9 miles, resurfacing, $6,132,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg south, bridge, $333,000
- Hwy. 47, Gothenburg north 7.1 miles to Custer County line, resurfacing, $3,000,000
- I-80, Gothenburg east and west (eastbound), 10 miles, resurfacing, $5,774,000
- I-80, Gothenburg interchange, $1,270,000
- I-80, Gothenburg west (westbound), 7.1 miles, mill, inlay, $3,550,000
A total of 141 new projects are scheduled to be let to contract on the State Highway System during fiscal year 2011 (July 1, 2010, through June 30, 2011).
Projects throughout the state will range in size from joint and crack sealing, traffic signals and lighting projects to large resurfacing, intersection, interchange and viaduct projects and high priority bridge projects.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC