Gothenburg banker named to ABA post
The American Bankers Association has nominated Gothenburg banker Matthew H. Williams to become its vice chairman for the 2010-11 association year.
Williams is chairman and president of Gothenburg State Bank in Gothenburg.
“Banks come in all types and sizes, yet ABA is the only forum where the entire industry comes together to create solutions that will benefit everyone,” said Williams. “I look forward to representing our bank and our community in this nationwide position.”
ABA represents banks of all sizes and charters and is the voice for the nation’s $13 trillion banking industry and its two million employees. ABA’s extensive resources enhance the success of the nation’s banks and strengthen America’s economy and communities.
Williams has previously served on ABA’s board of directors and government relations council, and he is a former chairman of the Nebraska Bankers Association. Williams also serves on the FDIC advisory committee on community banking, UNL Innovation Campus board, State Chamber board and State Teammates board.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST