Back-to-school night gathering
ACTIVITY GALORE: Students located their classrooms and, along with parents, met with school officials during an open house at Gothenburg Public Schools Monday evening. Right, 30 businesses and organizations set up in the Main Street area of the high school and District 20 school board members served hot dogs in the cafeteria. Superintendent Mike Teahon said the event was a great way to roll into the school year.
Left, high school softball player Amanda Barkmeier (right) gives Chiara Richeson batting tips in the gymnasium. High school athletes entertained youngsters during the evening.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action