Back-to-school night gathering
ACTIVITY GALORE: Students located their classrooms and, along with parents, met with school officials during an open house at Gothenburg Public Schools Monday evening. Right, 30 businesses and organizations set up in the Main Street area of the high school and District 20 school board members served hot dogs in the cafeteria. Superintendent Mike Teahon said the event was a great way to roll into the school year.
Left, high school softball player Amanda Barkmeier (right) gives Chiara Richeson batting tips in the gymnasium. High school athletes entertained youngsters during the evening.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30