New Teacher—Julie Rickertsen
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: High ability learning coordinator.
Education: Graduated Gothenburg High School, 1995; received a degree in middle-level education with endorsements in math, English and social science from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1999.
Experience: Taught middle-school math and English at Gothenburg, Maxwell and North Platte schools.
Family: Husband, Luke, and three children: Ainsley, 9; Maddox, 7; and Jax, 3.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I have always had a passion to teach but for awhile I was busy raising my own children. Now, two of them go to Gothenburg Public Schools and I am able to follow my passion and be where my kids are.”
Her story: Rickertsen said she knew when she was a high school senior that she wanted to teach math and help kids who were afraid of it or who didn’t think they understood math. “I was influenced by positive English and math teachers and want to help students find a style of learning. I also recognize that you have to teach to all learning abilities.”
Hobbies: Playing with her kids, running, spending time at Jeffrey Lake with family and friends.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout