New Teacher—Julie Rickertsen
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: High ability learning coordinator.
Education: Graduated Gothenburg High School, 1995; received a degree in middle-level education with endorsements in math, English and social science from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1999.
Experience: Taught middle-school math and English at Gothenburg, Maxwell and North Platte schools.
Family: Husband, Luke, and three children: Ainsley, 9; Maddox, 7; and Jax, 3.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I have always had a passion to teach but for awhile I was busy raising my own children. Now, two of them go to Gothenburg Public Schools and I am able to follow my passion and be where my kids are.”
Her story: Rickertsen said she knew when she was a high school senior that she wanted to teach math and help kids who were afraid of it or who didn’t think they understood math. “I was influenced by positive English and math teachers and want to help students find a style of learning. I also recognize that you have to teach to all learning abilities.”
Hobbies: Playing with her kids, running, spending time at Jeffrey Lake with family and friends.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State