Rural Fire Board
MEMBERS MEET: The Gothenburg Rural Fire District board met recently at the fire hall. The rural fire district owns the fire hall and much of the equipment the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department uses to fight fires. Board members govern the equipment and supplies that help provide fire protection to rural areas. The board meets two to three times a year.
Pictured are, l-r: Ken Kenning, Joe France, Troy Franzen, Roger Wahlgren, Larry Peterson and Les Brown. Not pictured: Steve Ackerman. Fire chief Mark Ballmer described the district as outside city limits which is west to Buttermilk Hill, south to Hiles Canyon, east to Willow Island and north about 20 miles.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500