Rural Fire Board
MEMBERS MEET: The Gothenburg Rural Fire District board met recently at the fire hall. The rural fire district owns the fire hall and much of the equipment the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department uses to fight fires. Board members govern the equipment and supplies that help provide fire protection to rural areas. The board meets two to three times a year.
Pictured are, l-r: Ken Kenning, Joe France, Troy Franzen, Roger Wahlgren, Larry Peterson and Les Brown. Not pictured: Steve Ackerman. Fire chief Mark Ballmer described the district as outside city limits which is west to Buttermilk Hill, south to Hiles Canyon, east to Willow Island and north about 20 miles.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%