Boson earns first medal this year
BROKEN BOW—Gothenburg senior Anna Boson shot a consistent 56-55 at the Broken Bow Invite on Thursday to finish with her season best 18-hole score of 111 and a 12th place medal.
It was the first medal of the season for Boson and the Swedes.
Gothenburg was fifth as a team with a total of 489, 11 strokes better than their previous team best, according to coach Jim Henke.
Ogallala took the team title with a 422 total, followed closely by Valentine with 424.
Swede freshman Sydney Sell was Gothenburg’s second lowest scorer in her first 18-hole competition, finishing 23rd of 49 golfers carding 123.
Jourdan Matthies and Brittany Ostergard filled out the best 4-of-6 scoring with 124 and 131 respectively.
Claire Kozisek of Ainsworth earned top honors shooting 86.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics