Golfers improve 15 strokes at home
Swede golfers recorded their best tournament score of the season last week on their home course during the Gothenburg Invite, improving their total by 15 strokes.
The accomplishment of carding 456 was overshadowed, though, by the domination of Scottsbluff and McCook, said Swede coach Jim Henke.
The Bearcats and the Bison each had four players in the top 10, taking first and second respectively in the team race with 346 and 349.
Scottsbluff earned the first three finishes followed by McCook with places four through six.
Kate Kryzyanowski of Scottsbluff shot a three-under-par 33 on the back nine to finish one under with 71 to capture the gold medal.
Gothenburg was 10th amid the stiff competition.
Senior Anna Boson earned the low score for the Swedes with 105.
Fellow senior Jourdan Matthies had trouble with sand traps but battled her way to 116.
Henke said sophomore Kristin Bartlett showed improvement
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair