After big win, Eagles face tough challenge
HARRISBURG-—Brady football coach Bob Frederickson has taken a little heat since his Eagles pounded Banner County 80-23 on the road Friday.
“People think we ran up the score,” the coach said. “What they don’t realize is I pulled my starters out with about four minutes to go in the first quarter. I felt for them (Banner County) but on the flip side I can’t tell the JV kids not to play hard.”
The Eagles scored early and often with their first touchdown coming on a 22-yard run by Brad Ward at the 10-minute mark in the first quarter.
On the next Brady possession, Christian Arterburn ran in from 1 yard out and Brady forced a safety on the following Banner County series. Adding insult to injury, Arterburn returned the free kick for another touchdown.
“Before we knew it the score was 24-0,” Frederickson said.
That was only midway through the first period.
The Eagles scored four more times, including a fumble recovery by Jeffrey Simants in the endzone to lead 54-0 with two minutes left in the first quarter.
“The reality is they’d punt and one or two plays later
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair