BANNER YEAR: Farmers Insurance agent Natalie Rickel of Lexington (third from left) presented a banner to Gothenburg High School Friday night in honor of the school earning one of 10 of the Nebraska School Activities Association’s inaugural school sportsmanship awards corporately sponsored by Farmers Insurance. The new program is designed to recognize NSAA member high schools that establish and follow a quality sportsmanship program within their athletic activities. Also pictured, from left, are GHS principal Randy Evans, activities director Seth Ryker and Jim Rickel of Lexington.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action