Golfers gear up for SWC, district
HOLDREGE—The trees, creek and out-of-bounds areas on the front nine at the Holdrege Country Club kept the penalty shots adding up for the Gothenburg golfers on Saturday.
“They really played the back nine quite well but struggled with all the obstacles on the front,” said Swede coach Jim Henke. “The wind, with gusts of at least 40 mph out of the north, was another serious factor in raising the scores.”
Gothenburg finished seventh with a team total of 495. Aurora was the winner shooting 413 with Grand Island Northwest second at 415.
The Swedes left without a medalist. Senior Anna Boson led the team with 118, 14 strokes outside medal contention.
“All of our girls were relatively successful on the more open back nine holes,” Henke said. “That was particularly true
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together