Golfers drop dual at Lake Maloney
NORTH PLATTE—Gothenburg’s scores were close together from top to bottom during a golf dual at North Platte’s Lake Maloney Golf Course on Thursday.
“We have just been lacking a low score or two to help keep the team score down,” said coach Jim Henke.
North Platte’s Karissa Moreland was the meet medalist shooting 43. She was the only competitor to keep her strokes in the 40s and her low score kept the team race from being close, Henke said.
North Platte defeated Gothenburg in the dual 206-234.
Heidi Teahon paced the Swedes with 57 followed closely by Anna Boson at 58, Kristin Bartlett with 59 and Jourdan Matthies with 60.
Henke said freshman Courtney Brown showed
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates