Dawson County Cattlemen kicks off season Oct. 1
The Dawson County Cattlemen will kick off their 2009-10 year on Thursday, Oct. 1, at the Heartland Military Museum and Mac’s Creek Vineyard and Winery.
The museum tour begins at 5 p.m with the social hour and wine samples at Mac’s Creek scheduled for 6:30 p.m. This will be followed by hors d’oeuvres, appetizers and a new beef entree, all served by Skeeter Barnes.
On the program will be a representative from Skeeter Barnes discussing, “New Entrees and Consumer Patterns in the Restaurant Industry,” said John Schroeder, program chairman.
All cattlemen and women and interested agribusiness representatives are encouraged to attend this meeting to enjoy great food, fellowship and fun.
For more information, contact: John Schroeder, Chris Hagedorn or Anne Burkholder, all of Cozad; Dan Keller of Lexington; Chris Tordrup of Farnam; Pat Harnan or Casey Russman of Gothenburg; Dr. John Lawton and Eric Ryan, both of Overton; Tucker Thompson of Eustis; or Bruce Treffer, Dawson County Extension educator.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair