Teahon places 14th at SWC golf meet
OGALLALA—Gothenburg sophomore Heidi Teahon tied her personal best 18-hole golf score at the Southwest Conference meet to earn 14th place and honorable mention on the all-conference team Thursday in Ogallala.
Teahon shot a steady 53 on the front nine and 54 on the back as Gothenburg’s only medalist.
The Swedes finished sixth as a team with a four-player total of 479.
Ogallala took the SWC title at home shooting 397 with Valentine as runner-up at 405.
Claire Kozisek of Ainsworth was the only golfer to stay in the 70s, recording a 78 to take the individual title.
Henke said most of the Swedes struggled on the more difficult back nine at West Wind Golf Course.
Jourdan Matthies, for instance, shot 68 on the back nine where she started the day and came back with a solid 55 on the front for 123 total.
Anna Boson shot 67 on the back and hit 10 strokes better on the front to finish
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action