Gothenburg Shares fund off to a slow start
The Gothenburg Shares campaign is underway with a few initial donations, but considerable funds are needed to reach the goal of $4,000.
A total of $305 has been received thus far. Among those sharing, in addition to anonymous donors, are: Denise Brittenham; Sean Sabin and Abby Ostergard; Deb Weidman, Luella Ruff; Tom, Adeana, Khelsey and Avah Rubenthaler; Romaine and Joan Aden; and Ken and Nancy Christensen.
Proceeds from the fund will help pay for the ingredients of a nutritious meal at Christmas for those less fortunate in the area. The annual Gothenburg Food Baskets Program is sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club with assistance from YCIP and other volunteers.
Donations are being accepted at the Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 669138. Donors can fill out a form elsewhere in this issue if they would like to have their name listed in the newspaper.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout