Shares fund hits $1,157
The Gothenburg Shares fund has climbed to $1,157 with over $850 donated during the past week.
That makes the total not quite 30% of the campaign goal of $4,000. Money raised supports the Christmas Food Baskets Program sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club.
Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 18, by Rotarians, members of YCIP and other community volunteers.
In addition to 11 anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Kim and Marcy Slack, Getaways Extension Club and Two Ten Club.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- Swim team compete at league championship
- Mentoring said to stay with kids all their lives
- Gothenburg man dies in single-car accident
- History preserved
- Sewer improvements
- Brady Days ‘brand wagon’ offers something for everyone
- Ag leaders unite to address property taxes, other issues
- Monday morning accident