Schwanz joins elite with 100th career win
Gothenburg senior Tanner Schwanz can already check one goal off his list for the season.
By beating Brenton Christian of Sidney at 130 pounds in dual action Friday night, the three-time state qualifier reached the 100-win mark for his career.
Coach Eric Manstedt says it’s an elite status only a handful of Gothenburg wrestlers have achieved.
“Now he’s got that monkey off his back,” Manstedt said, “and he can focus on the rest of his senior season.”
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney