Refurbished cupola dedicated at airport
Airport managers and families are honored.
The cupola that graced the roof of the old Gothenburg Airport office and hanger from 1942 to 2002 is visible again on the airport grounds.
The cupola, which came down because a new airport office was constructed, has been refurbished by Bob Mann with brick work completed by Craig Finke.
It was dedicated Saturday in recognition of the service of the families of two previous airport managers—Kak Fiese, who managed the airport from its beginning in 1946, and Roger Peden, who first came to town to manage Gothenburg Aviation in the fall of 1968 and later became manager of the airport.Members of the Fiese and Peden families were present for the dedication.
Pictured are, l-r: Above—Jason Fiese, Larry and Marlene Fiese, Rick and Rita Fiese and Jennifer Fiese; Below—Jake and Leah Peden, Bev and Kirt Peden, Sus Peden and Patti and Mark Aden.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500