SWC basketball tourney begins Monday
Brackets are set for the 2011 Southwest Conference basketball tournament which begins with girls action on Monday.
The Minden Whippets have earned the top seed in both the girls and boys divisions.
They will have a bye the first round Monday and Tuesday and will host winners on Thursday and Friday.
Minden’s girls are 13-0 and the Whippet boys are 11-1.
First-round games on the girls side have Ogallala traveling to Gothenburg, Ainsworth playing at Broken Bow and Cozad at Valentine all Monday.
The winner of the Gothenburg-Ogallala game will play at Minden at 6 p.m. Jan. 27.
Winners of the other two first-round games will square off at the top seed school, also on Jan. 27.
Both the girls championship and consolation games will be played at North Platte High School on Saturday, Jan. 29.
Losers of the semi-finals games will play for third place at 1 p.m. with the championship set for 4:30 p.m.
Boys first-round action begins on Tuesday. The Swedes will travel to Ogallala for a 6 p.m. MT game while
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout