Four Shillings Short
CELTIC MUSIC: Four Shillings Short, composed of Aodh Óg Ó Tuama (left) who is originally from Cork, Ireland, and Christy Martin of San Diego, CA, entertained Gothenburg Public School students March 2 and performed for the public that evening in the performing arts center. Ó Tuama plays the Irish tin whistle and Martin performs on a hammered dulcimer. The California-based couple describes themselves as traveling musicians who play music from Ireland, Scotland, England, America, Medieval Europe and India, and tell about the different instruments they use. More information is available www.art.net/4ss.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested