Gothenburg golfers win NP dual
Swedes shoot lowest nine-hole score in two years.
Gothenburg golfers carded their best nine-hole team score in two years while defeating North Platte in dual action at Wild Horse Golf Club Thursday 197-215.
“We beat a good North Platte team,” said coach Jim Henke. “We had really good balance with five scorers of 54 or below.”
Gothenburg freshman Heidi Teahon was the individual medalist with her personal best nine-hole score of 44.Swede senior Elizabeth Graham also shot her personal best at just three strokes behind Teahon with 47 for second overall.
Senior Haley Scheidt earned her personal best as well with a score of 54.
Jourdan Matthies and Brittany Ostergard completed the Swede varsity with 54 and 66 respectively.
North Platte’s varsity was led by Hilary Spelts with 51.
“The girls seemed to play so much more relaxed on this day,” Henke said. “We’ll see if that can hold true when we play away from home the rest of the season.”
Saraid Baca led the junior varsity team with a nine-hole score of 59. The Swede reserves fell to North Platte 266-278.
Heidi Teahon 44
Elizabeth Graham 47
Sidney Thompson 52
Haley Scheidt 54
Jourdan Matthies 54
Brittany Ostergard 66
NORTH PLATTE VARSITY—215
Hilary Spelts 51
Karissa Moreland 52
Shayla Belka 54
Melissa Wilkinson 58
Karli Montgomery 64
Rachel Mullen WD
Saraid Baca 59
Kristin Bartlett 63
Becca Else 76
Danielle Schriver 80
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates