Grasz chosen to attend Cornhusker Boys State
Brady High School junior Tyrel Grasz has been selected as a delegate to the 2011 Cornhusker Boys State.
Grasz, son of Elaine and Terry Grasz, will join nearly 400 other high school juniors from across the state for the annual American Legion event June 5-11 on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus.
Grasz’s high school activities include football, basketball, track, speech, quiz bowl, FCCLA, one-act play and band.
He is a member of the National Honor Society and attends church at Svea Dal Church north of Brady.
Cornhusker Boys State is a citizenship program sponsored by the American Legion and designed to provide young people with a better understanding of how city, county and state governments operate.
Participants will campaign for offices, conduct elections and take part in other events.
Special lectures and presentations will be given by Gov. Dave Heineman, Supreme Court Chief Justice John M. Gerrard and nationally acclaimed motivational speaker JoAnne Owens-Nauslar.
Each delegate is sponsored by a local organization. Since Brady does not have a Legion post, Grasz will be sponsored by the Brady’s Lions Club in cooperation with the Gothenburg Legion.
No junior girls from Brady applied to attend Cornhusker Girls State.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities