$1.1 million bid accepted for cafeteria project
Work to begin next week.
School officials had hoped for a more favorable bid to expand the cafeteria and remodel the Community Building.
But the lowest bid at $1.1 million was substantially more than preliminary estimates of $750,000 to do the project.
Nonetheless, District 20 board members during a special meeting Monday night unanimously voted to accept the bid from Paulsen Inc. of Cozad in addition to two alternate bids.
The first alternate bid of $61,000 was to remodel the weight room in the Community Building.
Another bid of $1,100 was accepted for electrical work in the gymnasium.
Coupled with the base bid to expand the cafeteria 12,000 square feet, the alternates raise the price to $1.2 million.
With officials slicing $65,000 of work from the bid, the cost will be around $1.1 million.
Superintendent Mike Teahon said he had visited with DLR Group officials, the architect for the project, who said the tight work schedule was part of the reason for the higher bids.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST