School budget amended
Dist. 20 board wants spending flexibility.
Educational Jobs funds and cash reserve money are now in the general fund to allow District 20 officials more flexibility during a construction project.
At their meeting Monday night, school board members approved an amended budget for 2011-12 in which $700,000 in cash reserves and $186,000 in jobs funds money was transferred.
In April, the board gave the green light for a $1.1 million construction project that will expand and renovate the school cafeteria and kitchen area and renovate a weight room.
Special building fund money will also be used to pay for the project.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly