School budget amended
Dist. 20 board wants spending flexibility.
Educational Jobs funds and cash reserve money are now in the general fund to allow District 20 officials more flexibility during a construction project.
At their meeting Monday night, school board members approved an amended budget for 2011-12 in which $700,000 in cash reserves and $186,000 in jobs funds money was transferred.
In April, the board gave the green light for a $1.1 million construction project that will expand and renovate the school cafeteria and kitchen area and renovate a weight room.
Special building fund money will also be used to pay for the project.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout