Gothenburg TeamMates ends most successful year here
10-year event set for summer.
Gothenburg TeamMates Mentoring Program finished its school year with a spring banquet where over 60 mentors and their students were recognized for a successful year.
This is the mentoring program’s ninth year in Gothenburg Public Schools and its biggest one yet with 33 mentor-student matches.
The matches met during hourly meetings once a week at the school and several off-campus activities throughout the school year including a bowling party, a pizza party and a University of Nebraska-Kearney football game.
All meetings are beneficial to the student through mentor support, friendship and encouragement to pursue a post-secondary education, according to Lindsey Tederman, Gothenburg TeamMates coordinator. The mentor stays with the student through his/her graduation.
With Gothenburg TeamMates’ 10th year approaching, a 10-year celebration has been planned in conjunction with the Adrian Fiala’s 10th annual TeamMates Golf Tournament on Friday and Saturday, July 22 and 23.
Aaron Davis will headline the event on Friday evening. A former Husker football player, Davis has transitioned into a leading motivational speaker. Reggie Shaw, a local country music artist, will also perform.
A Nebraska Pork Producers meal and a putting contest will conclude the evening’s events. The community is invited to attend.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates