Gothenburg clips NP JVs in twin bill
Gothenburg needed some competition when Chase County dropped its softball program this season eliminating home-and-away contests with the Swedes.
The North Platte junior varsity answered the call for one of the days and lost a pair of games to the Swedes, 7-2 and 9-1.
“Offensively, it seemed like both were ho-hum games and we knew we were playing their JVs,” Swede coach Roger Neujahr said.
Since the contests did not match two varsity squads, the outcome does not count toward Gothenburg’s official record with the Nebraska School Activities Association.
Shelby Eggleston had two singles and two runs batted in to lead Gothenburg in the first game. Amanda Barkmeier earned the win goinvg five innings on the mound.
Karen Franzen and Vanessa Linegar each had a couple of singles in the nightcap. Jordyn Haake went the distance for the win.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics