Jane Sheets is the 2011 Friend of Tourism award recipient as presented by the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce Tourism Committee. The award is given annually to someone who has worked tirelessly to promote Gothenburg and encourage tourism. Sheets has been associated with the Gothenburg Historical Museum for over six years serving on the board of directors and volunteering her time and expertise to catalog items, work on displays, train other volunteers and handle anything that might come her way. Pictured are, l-r: Anne Anderson, Rhonda Jobman, Sheets, Karan Smith, Diane Trullinger and Joyce Kolbo.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action