TRAIN DERAILS: For a Union Pacific Railroad conductor from Gothenburg, this trip near Lake McConaughy got too bumpy. An east bound coal train going from Wyoming to Illinois experienced a 37-car derailment at 7:20 a.m. MT on Sunday, according to Mark Davis, UP public information officer. While there were no injuries, conductor Lynn Taylor of Gothenburg was taken to a hospital at Ogallala for observation, a family member said. Crews worked throughout the day to clear the cars and begin replacing track that was damaged as a result of the derailment. A total of 800 feet of track had to be replaced that was damaged as the result of the derailment. The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
- Friendship evolves into trip to Sweden
- Beef, wine and more
- Arrest made in April assault reported near Jeffrey Lake
- Dist. 20 students meet or exceed NsEA test standards
- Fund set up for brothers killed Monday in LA.
- Defense makes the difference
- Errors hamper Swedes in opening game loss
- Brady’s ACT scores drop with more students tested