Teams clock record times to finish farm chores
A Cozad team joined local teams this year for the Farm Chore Relay Race Saturday afternoon in a vacant field west of Pamida.
In its second year, the event attracts people with farm backgrounds.Six teams competed against the clock this year in calling the hogs, corn shucking, hay-bale pushing, setting irrigation tubes, gathering eggs, goat milking and backing trailers teams sat upon when stopped at various locations.
At each stop, teams also had to detach and re-attach trailers from four-wheelers before moving to the next competition.
After competing a couple of times, “The Blue Ucky” came out on top.
1. Blue Ucky—Marc Bartlett, Molly (Trimble) Logemann, Paul Peterson and Matt Lauer. Combined time: 7:14.
2. The South Siders-—Ross Ristine, Mark Ostergard, Troy Franzen and John Hecox. Combined time: 7.46.
3. Cozad Clucks—Levi Mes-sersmith, Nate Dillon, Brandon Schulte and Ryan Schneider. Combined time: 7.70.
Other teams competing were: Collateral Damage—LaRae Thompson, Luke Rickertsen, Bret Tiller, Laurie Brown; Late Comers—Page Peterson, Mark Peterson, Cody Vogt, Joe Keiser; Thinking Caps— Caleb Warner, Chris Lauer, Matt Dalrymple, Travis Ostergard.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500